Friday, October 19, 2007

Also Opening This Week. . .

Two other films opening in release this weekend, both of which I've seen already but am reminding you about them anyway.

The first is the re-release of the re-released film "The Nightmare Before Christmas," except the catch is that its in Dolby Digital 3-D. This is clear picture, and 3-D images that (sometimes) actually look like they are coming at you. It's a pleasure to see this movie on the big screen in any form, even though at times the 3-D effect was a bit irritating. But I gave this new experience of the film a **** rating when I saw it during its first release one year ago this weekend. You could find my complete review for the film by clicking here.

The Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D is playing at the beautiful Zeigfeld, a reason why I might actually want to go again, especially after my "Blade Runner" experience.

The second film opening is "Wristcutters: A Love Story" a sometimes delightful, sometimes full of itself indie film about a group of people that end up in a purgatory type place after they all killed themselves in different ways. I saw the film at a special screening last April, and said that the movie was good, but I foresaw that it would be popular among the younger crowd, who will eat it up and proclaim it much better than it really is. But it's a nice film at times, and I actually laughed out loud at several moments. A great supporting job by Tom Waits is icing on the cake. I rated the film *** of ****, and you could find my complete review for the film by clicking here.

"Wristcutters: A Love Story" will be released at the Lincoln Plaza Cinemas and the Regal Union Square.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home