Sunday, February 10, 2008

Some Academy Award Nominated Scenes. . .

No I don't have any new movie reviews for you, but I promise I will have an update next weekend with an actual movie review. Even if I were in the great city of New York, there isn't much to see out there, and I just didn't have the stomach to venture out and check out this weeks offerings-'Fool Gold" and "Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins." 

So instead to hold some of you over, thanks to the fellows at YouTube, I managed to find a few of my favorite scenes from some of the Oscar nominees this year. So watch at your lesiure, and as always, be warned of spoilers. Just click on the name of the actor for a great scene from their nominated film, and click on the film's title for my review of the movie from whenever I wrote it.

Philip Seymour Hoffman (Best Supporting Actor nominee) yells at his boss in "Charlie Wilson's War."

Javier Bardem (Best Supporting Actor nominee) in the popular coin toss scene in "No Country for Old Men."

Tom Wilkinson (Best Supporting Actor nominee) and George Clooney (Best Actor nominee) in "Michael Clayton." as well as an additional scene featuring Clooney and Tilda Swinton (Best Supporting Actress nominee) 

Daniel Day Lewis (Best Actor nominee) in "There Will Be Blood"-classic milkshake scene

Casey Affleck (Best Supporting Actor nominee) in the title sequence of "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford."

Cate Blanchett (Best Supporting Actress nominee) in the Bob Dylan "biopic" "I'm Not There."

Ellen Page (Best Actress nominee) and Michael Cera's sweet musical finish of "Juno."

Julie Christie (Best Actress nominee) in "Away from Her."

Viggo Mortensen (Best Actor nominee) in the brilliantly staged bathhouse fight sequence in "Eastern Promises." 

That's all the scenes I could scope out, but suffice to say it is a tough race this year, and it really is anyone's game.

Except Daniel Day Lewis. He just has it in the bag.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good job--a nice reminder of why these folks were nominated.

2/13/2008  
Blogger Eric said...

Yeah, I got lucky for finding scenes for Hoffman and Bardem and Day-Lewis.

The Juno scene could have been better, but it was all I was able to find. It's a sweet moment in the film, though.

2/14/2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home